Verified Reviewer

3.1

Prior to COVID, my son and I had planned a vacation to San Francisco in July of 2020. We thought how cool it would be to attend a concert while in San Francisco.

Low and behold Green Day was going to be in concert while we were there. So, I purchased tickets in late 2019 when they went on sale. We were ready and then 5 months later came COVID, the concert was rescheduled to 2021. I thought no big deal, I won't request a refund we will just reschedule our trip and can still attend the concert because this COVID thing will be over within a year.

Ha, Ha, Ha! Not!

I have been tracking CA to determine if once again the concert will be rescheduled or canceled. In reviewing Order No. C19-07v Appendix C-1 related to Seated Live Events with In-Person Audiences it appears that this concert is likely to get postponed again because CA will require social distance seating at the event, and it would be impossible to reorganize seating to meet the CA social distancing requirements when tickets have already been purchased.

Now if by some miracle they can make that happen, the Order also requires that out-of-state attendees be vaccinated, which I am not willing to do just yet for medical reasons. I live in FL and our restrictions are not so stringent along with our Governor releasing the COVID emergency order. At this point, I realized our CA vacation will have to wait and it would be best to request a ticket exchange to attend the concert here in FL. The unfortunate part is that Ticketmaster does allow for ticket exchange but only within the same venue.

I sent an email hoping to get an exception made due to the circumstances. I even looked up available tickets to follow the requirements of the exchange policy to exchange tickets only of equal or higher value. Unfortunately, I was turned down. No exceptions.

I do realize that I can put my tickets up for sale but who the heck is going to purchase tickets to a concert with there being so much uncertainty in CA right now.

Ticketmaster should be more flexible in this day and time and honor my request. Im not asking for a refund and the exchange still allows the promoter and Ticketmaster to make money. I do understand the venue will lose money on my exchange but if they are required to social distance my exchange might help them out. More importantly, if the event is postponed again, it will likely open a refund window which at that point I will ask for a refund and then purchase the tickets for the Jacksonville venue anyway.

So, why not just honor my request and allow me to secure the seats now giving me a piece of mind.

Any advocacy out there that can help escalate my request would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I am just another pissed-off customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ticketmaster Concert Ticket.

Preferred solution: Honor my request to exchange my tickets for the same concert but at a different venue.

Ticketmaster Pros: Easy ticket purchase and delivery, Easy-to-use mobile app.

Ticketmaster Cons: Willingness to help in special circumstances, Cant speak to a live person.

Comments