On 6/21 at 10 am the first selection of Hamilton in Chicago tickets went on sale. I had my date selected and ready to go long before 10 am.

The ticket sale went live and I managed to get into select seat mode and select the tickets I wanted and proceeded to check out. They said checkout was slow and taking forty five minutes. I kept my screen up and the timer ticked down. When finally I proceeded through checkout I received a message that my selected tickets were no longer available.

ON THE FINAL PURCHASE SCREEN!!! I was kicked back out to the main screen and of course the choose your seat tool went down so I was unable see what tickets were available for any show times. Tickets sold out as predicted. Not five minutes after giving up I went on stubhub and the tickets I selected were for sale by a scalper selling tickets to several performances.

Needless to say I am infuriated with ticketmaster. I question how many fans vs profit makers actually buy tickets on their site.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ticketmaster Website.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1176316

Same thing happened to me! Im waiting for a response email from them which probably will "time-out" too.